Thursday, September 30, 2004

Wednesday no ip-address

Today was undoubtedly a workingday, Wednesday. Only 2 days before weekend!
Not that my work is so bad, no I am lucky I work in a field which has a lot to do with my personal life.
That means a lot of figures, some tekst and people. And of course my collegues.
This week we have a trainee at the office. After highschool she follows a Vocational training.
She has an islamitic background and wears a head-scarf. When she started this week she wore a black one, today a white one and maybe tomorrow nothing.
If she wears a black one again, it doesn't matter.
I don't know why it frightens people, why people get so angry like in France.
This girl has her background in Maroc. Her parents come from there.
She's raised by her parents and consequently has the same believe as her parents have, maybe (most likely) less orthodox. But still she's here in The Netherlands, speaks the language and gets her grades.
She's almost like the Dutch girls. No not really, she is much more natural, more shy than natives.
Most likely her parents don't allow her to go out. Most likely she'll get a pre-arranged marriage (North African islamic and Turkish islamic culture is known for that)


A boring day, time was very treacly. After an hour I've done work wich could be done in an half an hour.
But I didn't work slower. Posssibly the input did take more time than usually.
But there was some dull work to do. Checking the cost of maintanance of our outstanding wheelchairs (about 5000)
Todays creditors account has only 800 rolling chairs (handmoved wheelchairs and scootmobils)
I also had to pay some bills and update a register of wheelchairs.
Tomorrow there'll be a meeting about the registration of wheelchairs. Some people of the Planning & Control-department want to know something about our register.
I'm working on it for 2 years now, but this is the first time there is some interest.

Today I can't get connected to the internet. I don't know what the cause is, hopefully it's temporary. This is the first time my provider didn't connect me to the internet.
Actually it isn't bad at al. I had other things to do. I went to Ikea nearby. I went to find out if the Forsby-table is something to have in my house, to work on. Well I hope I can get him up to the fourth floor. The table is in total 64 kilograms.
Indeed it's something big. And that for 199 Euro or about 150 dollar.
Also I watched a part of the Championsship match PSV-Pannatiakos (Greece). PSV won (1-0) but they many chances.

But it's time for my sleep, I need it badly

A demain,

No comments: