Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Come on Bea, fight for it!

It was a busy day. As my colleague is ill for some time now and he works part-time to make a come back possible, it is the reflection on the work we're doing or the thoughts we got that I miss. The advantage is that I can work constantly, without distract myself from work I do. (note of critic to myself).

This afternoon there was a flaw in my attention to my work. I had to concentrate on the input. And the environment stimulated me so much that I felt I was back on high school telling jokes which were really clueless, or telling serious matter which was fun after-all. But at the end of the day I've done most of the work and there will be some for tomorrow.

For other colleagues it's like they're in the doldrums. It means the end of summer, there ain't many people who ask for a provision in August, September. Maybe my colleague and I are in the doldrums at Christmas time, knowing there is a time lack between work in the front-end and the back-end of the office.

There is some news about our colleague Bea with breast-cancer. It's her birthday today.
Our boss called her at home. Bea's daughter answered the phone. It's very difficult for a child of 16 seeing your mother suffering like she does.

After her latest chemo-therapy Bea is in a very bad condition. She doesn't drink and eat anymore, has severe pains all over the body and the morphine she uses tears her down, just as I saw in the past with someone else. That's horrible.
I hope that in the meantime she will recover and get a bit better than she is now. She must eat again. But in fact if she can withstand this torture.
Thursday she will be transfered to a hospital. My hope is that she can recover at home and that the ambulance won't be necessary.

No comments: