Thursday, September 08, 2005

Racing on a cycle track

This afternoon I sat behind my screen paying the bills, from time to time I watched outside to see how the weather was. I was hungry for another ride on the official cycle track. After yesterday I still felt good. So at 4 pm I decided to give it a go. At 4.30 pm I left work for tomorrow and went home. After eaten some macaroni I went to the track, registered myself, payed 5.50 Euro and rode a few rounds.

Well the first 17 k were fast. There were at least 40 people riding around like madman. I never experienced that. The track is 1.4 k and they rode under the 2 minutes per lap. At least it's an average of 45 k/hr.
After 17 I rode my on my own (38 k/hr) and after 56 minutes 32.9 seconds I had cycled 38.50 k. That's an average of 40.85 kilometer an hour.

This makes my day complete.

When I came home by the way. I heard a loud noise of airplanes and looking up I saw two or three formations of 4 F16's passing by, followed by a Boeing or something like that followed by 3 F16's.
I read on www.nu.nl that is was to honour a chief of air-force base Soesterberg. It's a bit over the top.

No comments: