Saturday, October 22, 2005

In the wild


It's getting colder. When you get up and go to the bathroom and kitchen it's shivering cold. It's time for a bath-robe, I bought one.

This weekend will be a wet one. Though I think I'm gonna cycle. First I got to go to the cycle shop to buy the 3 quarter legging. Got to ride 100 k I think.
I think if I catch one or more of those freezing showers I'll catch a cold by Monday.
Maybe 100 k is not reasonable. Half of the distance will do it too. So Sunday I won't be able to ride up with the Ledig Erf riders.

I have to make a few choices, one for the political party of which I'm member.
Out of 4 candidates members can choose the chairman. I thought that I knew it.
Michiel van Hulten would be my choice, because I read a book of him about transparency. The content was good, he has been member of the EU parliament, with 36 years he's relatively young and has ideas.

Then I saw a publicity photograph of him wearing such a statement white bangle.
I looked up the meaning of this statement.
For the American teenagers it is used to express that they do not believe in sex before marriage. Hey hey hey, pretty Victorian.
In Great Britain, continental Europe and the rest of the world it's carved with make poverty history. Nelson Mandela, Desmond Tutu, Claudia Schiffer most artists of Band Aid have worn the white bracelet.
I don't believe in those bangles (didn't Armstrong wear a yellow one, against cancer).

Okay, I'm going to the shops. See you.
Btw, last week was nice weather to make fall-pictures. But I didn't make them. Just a missed chance.

No comments: