Monday, October 03, 2005

Solar eclips

Anybody seen the solar eclipse of October 3?
My colleagues and I only saw a partial one. Around 10 someone reminded us of the eclipse.
The funny thing is that I was looking for my special designed eclipse sunglasses which I didn't find before I went to work, I almost forgot the moment supreme.
Without those glasses it was hard to get a glimpse. The next eclipse in Holland is in 2118 or so. If you missed it you got to wait a long time.
The first eclipse I saw I still remember. I wasn't older than 8 years when we had our first astronomy lesson, a practicum. With a couple of photo negatives we could see the sun bit by the moon.
Afterwards you could say that the teacher was irresponsible having at least 20 kids viewing the sun through negatives at the same time.

My colleague has had the operation I told about. It was Oct. 1 when she had a drain.
She is realistic now and takes precautions if it's getting worse.
She has done this operation to fight the cancer, to be with her family and to reach the age of 50.

No comments: