Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Questions and onions

Sunday my sick colleague went home but she didn't have a good day. Too much problems with her stomach and other minor problems made it a bad day. She spend most of the day on the toilet.
Our department really questions it's own role in the way our colleague could go home. She wants it, but there is no consensus among her close relatives and friends who should take care of her.
If she stays in the hospital it would be for close relatives much more easy and they would have a moment of rest. When they get home after school and work it is not a stressy situation at once.

When my mothers partner died 10 years ago the last months of his being was stressful for my brother and mother. They were the ones who were home at that time. My mother couldn't work and my brother couldn't continue university. It was on their shoulders mainly. That's hard to bear. So being hospitalized was a better solution at that time. But in that case he undoubtedly would have died in hospital and that's a depriving surrounding. My conclusion, the last days, weeks would be better at home.
For the ones who stay behind it could be better to get over the loss.

When I came home from the grocery my (lower) downstairs neighbor came in too.
we talked about living in these apartments, the state of the buildings, the bad situation of the kitchen (very old and a dangerous heating system, Coal-monoxide).
It's funny that we had the same thoughts about those things and nobody does something.
Conclusion was that this house is old and bad maintenance would make it not worth buying it. Walking home I saw a few houses on other blocks for sale and I thought about the reasons to buy elsewhere.
Well, I need an onion to digest everything said.

No comments: