Monday, October 04, 2004

Fireworks? A new day at the office.

take a close watch on Mt. Saint Helens.

I was half an hour later than normal days due to not adjusting the alarm of my clockradio when I arrived at the office. Harry a collegea of the housing department was just seconds earlier. Well he had to walk his dog I guess. A legitimate excuse for being late according to me. (People with dogs shouldn't work at all, but socialize with their dog.)

Many of my collegeas were in Amsterdam at the demo. Harry, Herma, Els, Hanneke, Robin and my boss Riet. 6 Out of the 30 collegeas (and me) makes almost a quarter of my office. And there could be more if Joos could stand crowds and Joop and his gayfriend were able to come too.

Also the meeting about integrity passed the hitparade of talks today. In my view integrity is important when you work with information about people and states money, like I do, but it's a value of yourself how to deal with it.
But some politicians want to make it an important issue because it's a major point on their election programm. For that reason they invite all the staff of this city to come to this meeting. That'll cost a lot of money and has no purpose. You have to come but there is no sanction not being there. Integrity is a beautiful word but what it means nobody really wants to know. Bullshit, people who are integer know it and they know exactly what they are doing.


No comments: