Friday, October 29, 2004

Neurologist

This afternoon I went to the neurologist. The hospital were he works is only a few blocks from my work. Actually it is as close to my home.
When I was there I waited 10 minutes or so when the co-assistant asked to follow her. She told that because I was a new patient for the doctor-neurologist she had to examine me. Well, all she did was okay. The only remark I can make is that it took her much time to write her conclusions down. Oh yes, she was a keen, beautiful girl.

After 2 hours I visited the neurologist. With the symptoms I had lately and the fact that my medications haven't been adjusted ever he thought that a EEG-scan should be a proper continuation.(December 7). The result of the scan (higher brain activity) may result in a higher doses depakine. Right now the doses is low (1000 mg/day).
After the scan we got to test the level that should do (December 16). This will take at least 14 days.

I learned also one thing about epilepsy; 10% of the people with epilepsy may have a status epilepticus. An epileptic attack that repeats itself. It's harmful for ones brains. I don't know why he told that. It only makes a desicion more difficult because there is a huge threat.
After asking questions it appears to be not harmful to change the doses. And a status epilepticus could happen to anyone as anything could happen. Certainly in these days when nothing seems to be certain.

When I came back at the office it was almost 15.30; after talking what happened at the hospital, doing a little work and clean my desk I went home at almost 16:45. I get so tired of these days. It's time for weekend.
I'll be in the North part of the country. Gonna see my mum and her lover on occasion of his birthday.

Enjoy your weekend.


No comments: