Wednesday, October 20, 2004

ING New York City Marathon

ING New York City Marathon

Okay here is the link to the NY marathon. I heard from people who ran this race that it's an overwhelming experience. I think that every marathon where ever one runs it is an experience in it's own way. No marathon can be compared with another.
I ran the Rotterdam Marathon (1995) and did an enormous amount of half marathons. None can be compared.

But okay, New York is also James Fix's marathon and he is the founding father of my running carreer. So NY will mean something.

1 comment:

Oliver said...

You are right, every marathon can be different, not just because of the course, number of runners, weather conditions but also how you run it. One of my greatest runs was the Regensburg marathon last year, two weeks after I ran nearly a PB in 2:59. I ran to finish in 3:20 to 3:30 but after 10k or so, I really had no motivation any more but I resisted to give up, and actually this was one of my nicest finish line crossings ever, I was not that exhausted but still exhausted enough to be pretty proud of finishing ;-)