Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Headache

After a long day I am finally off duty. However it almost feels that this blog is a duty too.
But what for. I almost have no readers. So I write for myself and anybody who flies by.

My day started at 7.20 am and I started work at 8.30 am. I heard something about my colleague who is very much injured. After going to first aid he went home with his left knee in a brachelet. 5 day he has to wait for his knee to be examined. Nothing seems to be broken but he feels an enormous pain. The pain has to eb away.
After the tournament, three players went home on their bike, one of them hit a peg on the cycle-path. (placed there to prevent cars to cross)
So in total 4 of our player were injured just before or just after the tourament.

And the frame of my glasses is just bent in the right position, lucky me.

Today I did some testing on a new version of an (computer) application we work with.
There was a lot to do but after the bad luck and the 2 quick beers of yesterday I didn't have a sharp mind.
At the end of the working day there was some hillarity about a pigeon which flew against one of our office windows. We all heard a loud and clear -pof- and then it fell 4 meters down on the ground. The bird was still alive but with a severe headache I think. Those pigeons are very tough I learned.


A headache is what I get when I see the menslaughter in Sudan, Darfur. Knowing it's an European issue and that we are doing about nothing. If your French is excellent then look on google-Darfour for example.
The French are writing a lot about the cruelties in Sudan. This is not something the USA should interfere.

Doing nothing is a criminal European act. Sending 18 or 19 year old highschool kids to a war is criminal too. So the EU has to send troops to resque people and the US have to save their own soldiers. (More than 1,000 right now.)
Of course US soldiers have to know that they aren't in Iraq to find terrorist who attacked them. The terror which is in Iraq is there because the US army is there and because they uncorked the bottle with the evil spirit.

So I'm gonna have a macaroni dish and watch an important football match: The Netherlands-Finland

You'll hear from me,
Jan

Update: The Netherlands won 3-1 I didn't watch it all. After the Finns scored 0-1 I saw a Dutch team who was waiting for the counter. I don't like that kind of play. The old Dutch teams of 1974, 1978 and 1988 played the right kind of football, -total play-

just a poem of a nobody

John Lennon

If he would live
He should be the working class hero
If he would live
He should have dumped Yoko Ono
Long ago
If he would live
He should still sing
and protest Bush's war
If John Lennon would do all that
He would be my friend

2 comments:

Ocean said...

Hi Jan,

I absolutely agree with you on the war issue, UN is the one that should take the control and get rid of dictators and ... US is sticking his nose too much in other countries issues!

AB said...

Jan,

You Blog for yourself -- anyone else who happens by is just icing on the cake! :)

Have a great day.