Tuesday, October 12, 2004

What a lovely sad day...

The day started with a clear blue sky. It was cold on my bike to work. When I arrived a lot of work was waiting for me and my direct college I have not spoken for 4 days was back. We talked a bit and did our work. Trying to streamline payment of creditors. At half past five he had a volleyball tournament. 6 Of my colleagues and I were the team. We had only one reserve player to rotate.

At 5.30 pm we had the 1st match. Only after 10 points played we lost an injured player. It wasn't a real bad injury but Hanneke couldn't play on. So the team had to play with 6 men, just enough. In the second game after a 15 minutes it went wrong with Bas, my cycling mate, who I gave some cycling lessons the other day. He wanted to stand up when he lay on the floor then he twisted his knee. It was like crack it said and he lay there with a lot of pain, with a pale white face. After a while and some ice on his injury he couldn't still stand. Another colleague brought him to the first aid in a hospital near his home. Wonder how he is, because next week in the fall holidays and he wanted to go to Denmark with his extended family.
It's so sad to have such an injury on such a moment.

At the same moment of Bas his injury a ball hit me in the face and bent a leg of my glasses. I just have to go to the eyeware shop/ optician. Bas has probably a longer way to go.

Overall the tournament was a joy for us. We could laugh and we will do the same thing next year. Maybe we should train because we were last of the 5 team.
Well, we enjoyed ourselves mostly between 5.30 pm and 10.30 pm. Hopefully Bas's damage isn't really bad after all. Tomorrow I'll know.

The day ended black of the night blue sky. It wasn't really cold. You could cycle home without a coat. (maybe some beer will warm you up)

Groeten, greetingz, Jan


No comments: