Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Time

Now the sunset colours the clouds pink. The clear blue sky at the horizon turns red. Birds, fill the sky, probably seagulls going to their resting place on the Amsterdam-Rhine canal.The south west wind weakens but clouds are moving in, also from the south west. Meaning that this weather will continue.

Today I bought my racing bike. Waw, what a bike. At 4.45 pm I was home, changed clothes and rode with it. Not very far for the first time. It went so easy. The bike is featherlight. Unbelievable, no I knew it but cannot imagine how faster it will go on a dry Sunday afternoon.
Since some time, a long time believe me, I thought about cycling and buying a racing bike. There were many choices to make. What kind of gears, breaks, etcetera was necessary. Many choices, for example Cannondale, Trek, Gazelle, Koga Myata, special built bikes by Snel. Afterall I chose a Batavus. A Dutch designed brand, from Heerenveen (maybe you know speedscating? It's that place in Friesland). It's built close to my birthplace in the north of The Netherlands


Work was light and easy, meaning not much to do. However I could do some more checkings on the justification of one's benefit.
No tomorrow I'll begin paying our creditors. (mostly wheelchairs and housing adjustments)

Time goes quick, or my typing in English is very slow. Outside it's dark now. It took me 45 minutes to complete this. (Together with listening to internetradio and finding information on the net)

11.10 pm I'm going to bed.

Tot Ziens, bye
Jan

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I think your English is very good!

Jan said...

Thank you Sarah.